We recently stayed at Choctaw Casino Durant for a holiday party and brought the whole family there for fun! However, before we went I was scouring the interwebs to find anything to provide an accurate, up-to-date guide about how family-friendly Choctaw Casino Durant actually was. The outcome…nothing. So we hopped in the car and hoped for the best! To our surprise, Choctaw Casino Durant was incredibly family-friendly and below are all the things you need to know before planning your next family vacation there.
- There are three towers you can book your stay at however the Sky Tower is the newest addition to Choctaw Casino Durant and it is also ALL non-smoking. This was one of the most pleasant surprises, especially with having little ones.
- Children (all ages under 18) are allowed to walk throughout the paths of the casino but are not allowed on the casino floor. This was a confusing rule and one that I had to get my barrings on as when you first walk into Choctaw Casino Durant it’s easy to think the entire building is the ‘casino floor’. However, upon further inspection, there are in fact walk ways that are denoted by a different carpet variation and typically run directly through the middle or along the walls. (I also saw many parents who had really little ones park the strollers on the edge of the path while they sat at a slot machine only inches away.)
- ‘The District’ is where you’ll spend a ton of time as a family as it’s filled with movie theatres, fast casual dining options, an arcade, and even bowling! Children do have to be supervised while in The District but it’s the perfect family-friendly spot and SO close to the Sky Tower!
- There are no standard bathtubs at Choctaw Casino Durant. I had called and asked because our little one LOVES bathtime (and it’s part of the ‘routine’ IYKYK). However, the front desk told me they didn’t have any bathtubs. Upon further inspection, I did see that their website listed ‘soaking tub’ on the ‘Grand Suites’ which ran about $300 more per night than the average room.
- FREE DRINKS! Free drinks from the soda fountain and coffee bars located throughout Choctaw Casino Durant!
- The pool has a family-friendly area! When it comes to fun for you and the kids, their family-friendly cabanas offer the best of both worlds. (Plus, this means you’ll never have to worry about the little ones slipping out of sight.) Ride down one of two thrilling water slides or turn the kiddos loose for fun on the interactive water toys and kid-friendly splash features. Once the family has worked up an appetite, grab lunch at LUNA or hit up SNAQ Bar for the perfect afternoon treat! (Sky Tower also has direct access to the pool)
Last but not least ALWAYS check the promo codes before booking! Choctaw Casino Durant always has incredible deals from $50/night resort credits to 20% off. Right now you can use my code ‘HolidayGetaway’ for 20% OFF your entire stay!
Be sure to put Choctaw Casino Durant on your list for a family-friendly vacation! Click here to book!